My uncle Joe & I both grew beards to cover our scars. He got his from saving a fellow soldier on a minefield in WWII. I got mine from going down on some suspicious box decades ago. So I guess you could say we’re both heroes.
Archive for the ‘Uncategorized’ Category
So, the KFC Double Down is a reality, no matter how much it seems like an Onion article. For those of you who haven’t heard of it, it’s two strips of bacon, cheese & special sauce, sandwiched between two fried & breaded chicken breasts. You read that right, the chicken breasts ARE the bread of the sandwich.
Now, I’m all in favor of this kind of crazy bullshit, and who knows, if people started raving about it, I might even try one. But I was amused to see at the very end of an otherwise rote article about physicians groups protesting the Double Down a spectacularly poor display of journalistic integrity by the local Sacramento News squad:
Sacramento KFC visited the set of FOX40 Live on Monday, and the votes in studio were very positive.
“Oh My God, this is amazing!” exclaimed Ben Ormsby of the FOX40 Live crew. Ormsby was most impressed by the texture of the chicken ‘bun’, adding that the sandwich can almost stand alone as a meal.
So, you’re saying that not only did you have KFC bring some of the potentially wildly unhealthy food to your studio in the middle of the news report about how unhealthy it was and how dangerous it was to promote such an unhealthy thing to a morbidly obese America, but you felt compelled to “exclaim” to everyone how “amazing” it was.
Nice work, Kentucky Fox Channel…
So, I was trying to explain to my wife that if she walked in on me having sex with a woman dressed like Cheetara it would actually be MORE understandable than if she walked in on me having sex with just any other woman, because how could a regular woman like the missus be expected to compete with a Thundercat, when all of a sudden my wife confessed that she had never even heard of the Thundercats, let alone Cheetara. I know, can you believe it?
Wait, this story is making me seem creepy, let me start over.
So, I was looking for sexy pictures of Cheetara (the Thundercat, not the junior senator from Indiana) on the internet, and I ran across the AMAZING site Allcosplay.com, which included this rad picture of a busty naked woman painted to look like Cheetara (possibly not safe for work), along with five full pages of women dressed up like sexy Thundercats, primarily Cheetara.
Actually, this story isn’t helping all that much either.
One of the things that frequently gets overlooked in the litany of vast changes the internet brought about over the past 15 years is the democratization of niche interests. In 1994, if I had said to someone, “you know what I really like? Being kicked in the balls until I pass out. That really does it for me.” I would have had a very hard time convincing that person that I wasn’t insane. Today, with sites like “ballcrusher.net” (warning: DO NOT CLICK) or “isitnormal” (okay, go ahead and click on that one if you want), you can very easily find a group of like minded enthusiasts, no matter how fucking creepy you are.
P.S. if you’re curious, this may be the least sexy picture of Cheetara ever.
I tend not to play online videogames very much for the same reason I don’t surround myself with mirrors when I masturbate. If I’m going to do something embarrassing, I don’t want it pointed out to me constantly, and that’s what happens when I game online. From the moment I connect, I’m crushed by a wave of tweener mouthbreathers shouting racial & sexual epithets at each other for the duration of the session.
It’s not so much the racism/homophobia I mind, it’s the constant reminder that I’m playing against (and usually losing to) a bunch of children. Fortunately, I can hit the mute button and ignore 95% of the bullshit. The other 5% comes from the online IDs of my fellow sixth graders, which are frequently rife with misspellings like “SLIENT KILLA” or “JOO_OVEN_MASTA.”
Playing a couple of days ago I ran into an awesome screen name twofer, as the following couple were both on the same team:
That’s just good advice generally, to be honest. But in a series of clicks I ended up on this transcript of a Larry King Live episode from 2002, and the intro is spectacular. Larry is truly the master of the segue:
“Tonight, a very different Fran Drescher talking about some intensely personal subjects, a brutal rape, cancer that went undiagnosed for years, divorcing her high school sweetheart and then finding love with a younger man.
[WAIT FOR IT]
Plus, “Laverne and Shirley” together again. It’s been nearly 20 years. Funny gals Penny Marshall and Cindy Williams. ”
Excellent transition, Larry! Much gentler than Casey Kasem’s long distance dedication…